Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/justinpotts/6395800257/in/set-72157628...

Hi 

I am having trouble posting pics check out the link, but wanted to show you my old seagull...Done by a local artist. I really am happy with it and is one I will pass down..I am an amature  player for about 20 years LOL I know just enough to keep the strings from rusting. I have had it for about 5 years and play it everyday...

Views: 517

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

photo
How's that? ;-)

Wow! that thing is gorgeous! Are the designes carved into the wood or painted? Does it effect the sound at all? Details please =)

It is all hand painted, mainly off white and black, the brown you see is the natural cedar top incorporated into the design.Also a very light clear coat. As far as sound it has made no detectable change this was a concern of mine and the artist Justin Potts took it very seriously and did a great detailed job.Going to put new tusq saddle and bridge pins and would really like to add a Lr Baggs anthem pickup but will have a fair amount of money in a not so expensive guitar but , I really like it I guess that's the most important. I also have a standard S6 I had done from a different artist will show soon.Thank you Floridagull for the pic help.

Ron

Here's the other one

Attachments:

You're welcome :-)

Here's number 2:

Does the artist paint only Seagulls?

That is an awesome looking guitar Ron. Don't think I could put my Lowden through with it - but you've got me thinking about my old Takamine. Amazing job.

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service