Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

2 inch nut width on acoustic steel string guitar

I've got a few Taylors with 1 3/4 inch nut width.  Am interested in looking at some 2 inch nut width steel strings.  I know about Steve Grimes' guitars, but they are way out of my price range.  Anyone know of the wider nut width in the $ 1,000 to $ 2,000 range?  

Thanks!  Curtis

Views: 2152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out www.seagullguitars.com. Seagulls have a 1.8" nut width in general, but check out the Artist series, in particular the Peppino D'Agostino version, which has a 1.9" nut width. In fact, if you check on Amazon, you'll find you can get one of these for $1,191.97. Special price with Q2 electronics! If I had the money, I'd buy it...
Good luck!
^^^^^^  What he said ... :-)  ^^^^^^^
I have a friend who has a Larrivee  Custom OM-05 with a 1 7/8 nut width.  It also has abalone around the top border and on the bridge wings.  He got it used from a private sale on the internet.  I don't remember exactly what he paid, but it was in your range.  It's a nice fingerstyle guitar, but a reach if you thumb over the neck.
There is a 2006 Larrivee SD-50E for sale at Wolfe Guitars in Jupiter, FL - 1.875" nut width, $1950. Website www.wolfeguitars.com. I'd go with the Peppino myself...

I build custom-made guitars and could make you a guitar with a 2" wide nut width in your price range. Please visit www.fox-guitars.com to get an idea of the different styles I build. The Jumbo size dreadnaught would be a good choice for a wide neck guitar. You can pick the materials you want and even get whatever string spread at the bridge you desire. Money back guarantee. You can email with any question info@fox-guitars.com

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service