Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

Anyone ever use a pedal mid-song to add incidental "electric guitar" fills? What kind?
Maybe you have other techniques to add spice to an all acoustic arrangement?

Tags: Adding, in, some, spice

Views: 2112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Michael Hedges had a piece where he kicked in a chorus pedal on one of the sections. very simple and to very good effect. Can not recall the name of the piece right now. Need to go listen when time permits.
Patrick Smith said:
Michael Hedges had a piece where he kicked in a chorus pedal on one of the sections. very simple and to very good effect. Can not recall the name of the piece right now. Need to go listen when time permits.
Well, I started my personal guitar revolution after this discussion by purchasing a Boss Reverb pedal & a JamMan looper...
I'm having a lot of fun and plan to get the chorus pedal when I've saved up my pennies.
On YouTube "ExpertVillage" has some videos where they demonstrate the different pedal effects and in addition to this forum discussion that was useful for me too.

Thanks.
I will also give a plug on the Boss OC-3, Octave pedal when used in polyphonic mode. I leave this pedal on at all times, whether electric or acoustic, and I also strongly suggest the BBE Sonic Stomp Sonic Maximizer pedal to expand acoustic or electric sound. Kinda of give depth to the sound.
Not too long ago I picked up a Zoom A2.1u (see http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1870). LOTS of stuff to do with this little guy and I've only cracked the surface but, if you're looking for added color, check it out. It's a very cool little pedal and, if you do any home recording, it comes with a usb cable, software and drum tracks. Good luck!
I have the Fishman AFX Acoustic pedals... They have a reverb, chorus, and delay. These pedals were designed for acoustic guitar, and sound wonderful... They do not alter the sound of the guitar, much the way a pedal designed for an electric guitar can...

I have the reverb and chorus on almost all the time, but will change the chorus setting from a subtle chorus to a rotary effect.

I also have a volume pedal with a minimum knob so I can set the rhythm volume and swell the volume when I want to add a fill... this lets me add the fill without it being to obvious like a boost pedal would.

I highly recommend the Fishman pedals... here is a link: http://www.fishman.com/products/afx_pedals.asp
I also have the AFX Chorus. Hands down my favorite little box. A little pricey but worth every penny. Good luck!

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service