Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

Sad to hear of Billy Grammar's passing this week. He was a great American guitar builder and will surely be missed by the acoustic guitar world.

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, very interesting story behind his company and the instruments he produced for that relatively short span of time.

I agree Ray, I have a 1970 G10 Grammer and they are fine guitars. It's my hybrid Martin/Gibson since that's how Billy (according to things I've read) come to design the Grammer. Tore apart a Martin and a Gibson and combined the best of both. I bought it from the first owner in 1978 for $200. Billy's guitars were played by many music greats in their time.

:-)

I posted a picture over in the Small Body Guitar group.

http://www.acousticguitarcommunity.com/group/smallguitar?commentId=...

Hey there Jud fellow Seagullian.  :)

Gary

You're right Jud, the whole history behind the Grammer guitar is interesting, it even has ties to George Gruhn of Gruhn's guitars who was at one time a partner with I think a fellow that eventually bought the Grammer assets when they went out of business.

Gary

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service