Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

Okay guys just wanted to see what kind of guitars you find partial too and why? I wanted to see what everyone tastes were lol.I'll start. My personal favorite are actually jumbo and grand auditorium style guitars because i find with them that they just bloom all the notes and chords inside of them. I used to play dreads originally but i find between the two that natural reverb and resonance of jumbo's and GA have a nice touch to them.

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As a lap player... ideally... smaller, thinner with low action, making up the loss of "punch" with electronics. As a lover... any size or style, other than some of the heavy metal electrics. A question for you, Archie... I see you have an Ibanez EW. When I bought mine, I had no clue about the grief I would get from the controls being on the lower bout. Not only do I find it harder to make adjustments, mid song, but every time I reach for something, my arm moves the sliders all over the place. Do you find the same? Thanks.

Ah, you have the newer editions. When i bought mine i had the one with the turners for bas, mid and treble along with a phase and the tuner. With mine i had absolutly no problem with it. I have to say though that guitar for was probably one of the best guitars ive ever had. Its a sinch to EQ. I had the quilted ash one and i didnt have the loudness say a martin or taylor has... but the Grand Auditorium shape gave it such a nice bottom end that was rare in guitars. Mine was alot more bottom heavy without sounding muddy. They changed to sliders and they added a a frequency slider too i believe. I Wouldnt know about the newer electronics but i can tell you that that guitar though is a gem if you just learn how to use her. Every open mic or gig that had you plug straight in to a PA, thats especially where the guitar shines.

.... mine is a "Padauk" with an incredibly slick neck... burning fast, but the lower bout controls seem, to me, to be a case of untested design.

Hands down, my favorite is the slope dread. ie, gibson j45. To me, the sound difference between the slope & square dreads is too minimal to mention, but in rare instances when I want to reach the 15th fret I can without resorting to something I do not like on any acoustig guitar, the cutaway. Also, my first "real" guitar was a Gibson j45 that my parents got me for high school graduation in 1978. I still have it & will likely die clutching it in my left hand.

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service