Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

I AM A NEW SUBSCRIBER TO ACOUSTIC GUITAR AND I AM SEIZING THE OPPORTUNITY IMMEDIATELY TO ASK WHERE CAN I LEARN GUITAR THEORY IN TOTAL.

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No need to shout!

Are you asking what's a good training course for playing the guitar or do you want instruction in music theory as applied to the guitar?

You will get a very good guitar training course from http://www.learnandmasterguitar.com
Not the cheapest, but well worth the money.

Music theory is the subject of libraries full of books, or you can visit your nearest college that has a relevant course and offers evening classes.
try guitarnoise.com
my favorites are lessons from David Hodge
The Skeptical Guitarist materials by Bruce Emery provide a down to earth presentation of music theory.
Do you want to play folk guitar.....or jazz. JAzz reqrs a lot more study!
get a good teacher. find someone who will teach you music via playing the guitar. music theory is not something to tackle alone.
My advise is to go to your local college and take a course in Music Theory. ~ Mike
I would suggest taking a look at Fingerboard Theory For Guitar by Mike Christiansen.. Mel Bay Publications. It's very precise, easy to understand and perfectly suited for the guitarist who wants to know the nuts and bolts of how theory applies to the frets.

Best,

Toby Walker

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service