Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

There's a nice interview with Tom Petty a few years ago in which he says they have about 144 guitars, but you only need one.  I have a good acoustic, a good electric, and something for the campfire (to play not to burn...).  How many do you need??

Views: 1816

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My non guitar friends look at my arsenal and joke, "how many guitars are you gonna have?" My running answer is as many bottles as I have in my wine cellar if possible" (I have 2100 bottles of wine). Of course I am joking  but in truth, while I only have 13 or so guitars, I play every one of them from time to time with my obvious favorites and even rotate some of them when I play/gig out (Pics of most in my profile). I am always on the lookout for a good deal on a guitar and have had tremendous luck buying barely used guitars from those who thought they wanted to play and then stopped and rid themselves of the guitars (their loss is my terrific gain). Of course you need to know what you are looking at/for and is another subject for discussion altogether. I am truly blessed that my wife and partner loves my guitars as well and supports my addiction (OK, let's all be honest and call it what it is!!!)

I guess my short answer is that I will never have too many guitars.

"Hello my name is John Garofalo and I am a guitaraholic"!!

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service