Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

My original plan was to purchase a Seagull S6 Cedar Original guitar.
After waiting almost a month to receive it at a local store I got a little inpatient and visited another local store.

There I came upon a Taylor Big Baby. I fell in love with the feel of this guitar (especially the neck shape) and it sounded great to me.

I purchased it and have been playing it for the last three hours. I really like it.
Understand that this is the first acoustic that I've played for more than five minutes so I really don't have a lot of knowledge to compare it with other guitars.

I just like the way it feels and sounds.
(I am finding that I really like the overall sound of an acoustic which is totally new to me.)

I guess I won't be picking up the Telecaster for a bit.

Anyone else using a Taylor Big Baby and what do you think of it?

Views: 147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've played the Baby a few times, but have never bought one.

However, cedar tops are great for fingerstyle playing. If you do get that Seagull, remember cedar is a soft wood and you should avoid using picks with it.
Thanks for the input John.
I ended up with the Taylor Big Baby and I'm loving it.
Hi Wayne,
I'm a "beginner" also (used to play 25 years ago!) and just got a Taylor GS Mini--and I LOVE IT! I was playing a nylon string Yamaha, and this is amazing. What a beautiful instrument. It has certainly motivated me to practice.
I love the acoustic guitar and obsiolusly my Talor.
I have not picked up my electri since I purchased the Taylor.

Good luck and enjoy yourself.

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service