Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

I have been playing electric guitar for about 10 months now. I have never had much fingertip pain after the first month or so.

After playing the acoustic for about 2 hours straight my fingertips are really hurting.

I guess I'm not such a tough guy.

I guess it could have a lot to do with the different string size or perhaps the action is different that what I'm used to.
I'll toughen up.

perhaps drop the string size one size down?

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

not a problem wayne hope your day is good
This is normal. The acoustic is much rougher on the fingers and even forearm (strings are harder to hold down). If this is your first time playing it, I'm surprised it took 2 hours for the pain!

You could go with lighter strings but I'd give it a week of playing an hour most days and see how they feel first.

Rand
www.randyellefson.com

thats the reason when i started at 14 my dad made me learn on acoustic first....then I just wanted that electric sounds, now I prefer my acoustic.

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service