Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

Hi all

Please tell me what your input is on installing a pickup on my guitar. I have an Alvarez 5022.......Love it and do not want mess it up.....I would like the best type.....Help me soon....................

Views: 224

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what style music do you play?  in what kind of setting are you going to be amplifying?  do you want to install it yourself?  what's your budget?

I'm using an LR Baggs M1 Passive in my 5022 and it sounds outstanding.

What is the purpose?  What about mic'ing it externally?

Curtis

From what I am reading, the under saddle and bridge plate pickups would not be a good fit, because of the adjustable bridge that the 5022 has.  That leaves either direct micing or sound-hole mounted pickups.  I have had great experience with the LR Baggs M1's and I also hear great things abut the Fishman Rare Earth Blends (it has a built in mic).

Can anyone corroborate what I have heard about the under saddle/bridge plate issue with adjustable bridges?

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service