Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

I may be a bit behind the times living here in NZ, but was browsing in a music shop the other day and saw a couple of CD's by this guy, Seasick Steve.

His CD's were in the Blues section so I made a mental note of his name to check out on You Tube.

Well I found him okay, ....all 3 strings on his guitar ...... and a genuine homemade wooden stompbox.

I was totally blown away at first.....mainly because I did'nt think that guys like this would get exposure much these days. But he is the real McCoy alright!

To say that he totally removes the word "precious" from singing and playing is an understatement.

Would love to hear how many of you guys have taken the time to listen to or watch him, and what you think?

If you haven't then I highly reccomend the experience.

Tags: blues, seasick, steve

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seasick Steve is the real deal, I first came across him on a Music Show, and he came on stage with a Guitar Which had only 3 strings, And i thought who is this guy, What is he going to play with only 3 strings? Well, I was soon feeling very Humbled, He has, In my humble opinion, What is missing from so much of Today's really bland music, He Dare's to be different, And he's playing straight from the heart, And he knows how to give people a good time. It seems to me that people like Seasick Steve are very Rare in today's world and the music world is a much better place for having him in it. I would to end this with a quote from Seasick Steve, I came into this world with nothing, and i still got most of it left!
Hi Nicholas, I've seen him live in Perth, Western Australia with a drummer, equally raw. He's genuine, no pretensions and he can really play that simple stuff well. Like some other roots/blues performers (eg John Butler from Fremantle, WA) he cut his teeth busking on the street. He is very gracious and thankful for his recent success which is in contrast to most of his life to date, which has been pretty tough.

Enjoy!

Kevin

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service