Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

Does anyone know where i could find the sheet music for The Weight?

Views: 362

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chordie has several. Don't really know how accurate they are as I haven't played that one in a while (some are pretty close, others really aren't) but here's one - www.ultimate-guitar.com/print.php?what=tab&id=61597">http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.ultimate-guitar.com/print.php?what=tab&id=61597. Good luck.
Seems that AG had it within the last couple years or so. You might search the website or maybe somebody with a better memory will chime in.
Hey Bernie,

Kent's right. Acoustic Guitar published a simple, one-page version of "The Weight" as an Acoustic Classic in our August 2005 issue. It includes chords, two short examples of strumming patterns to try out, and complete lyrics. We're not able to put the music online because of licensing restrictions, but you can still purchase a back issue from the Acoustic Guitar website. Just follow the "Add to Cart" link in the upper-right of this page.

Hope that helps!
Guess it's more like 3 years. Time flies when ya don't know what you're doing....
Thanks for the clarification, Dan.

Dan Gabel, Editor & Group Publisher said:
Hey Bernie,

Kent's right. Acoustic Guitar published a simple, one-page version of "The Weight" as an Acoustic Classic in our August 2005 issue. It includes chords, two short examples of strumming patterns to try out, and complete lyrics. We're not able to put the music online because of licensing restrictions, but you can still purchase a back issue from the Acoustic Guitar website. Just follow the "Add to Cart" link in the upper-right of this page.

Hope that helps!
Thanks everyone, I did go to Chordie, and I also ordered a copy of the August 2005 AG. By the time I pull into Nazareth again I will be ready to play it on my new D-41Special Thanks again
D-41 Special???

Cool! i'm not worthy......
Bernie said:
Thanks everyone, I did go to Chordie, and I also ordered a copy of the August 2005 AG. By the time I pull into Nazareth again I will be ready to play it on my new D-41Special Thanks again
I probably am not worthy either, I went to Nazareth in October to go to the Martin Museum, and take the factory tour. While I was in Nazareth I found a music store that had Martin after Martin, so I started strumming as best I could (I play left handed and they only had righties) I liked the sound of the D-41 special better than anything else I played. I had also tried Taylors, Gibsons, Ovations and Seagulls in the days prior to going to Nazareth. Now I am just waiting for the guitar to be finished. As Tom Petty said so well The wiating is the hardest part. It may be done at the end of Febuary, but might be April. So I am trying to stay happy with my Ovation, playing getting better
Ovations are awesome guitars! I bought one for my son last christmas and I more often than not am reaching for it when I get the itch to play. My girl is a fickle lover though and she doesn't like me cheatin' on her. I always go back to her...(:
I figured out how to play the weight after reading your thread. Do it in C or in D with a decending base line...a lot like the beginning of friend of the devil.
Get on you tube and I bet you can find a buch of guys and gals who play it! It's a great song from a great band, and I seem to recall reading in a recent AG review that Lee Helms (?) has a solo album out...I'd like to hear it. That guy has a great voice, one of the best for that genre IMO...
Or go to the Bands website where they have most of the music and lyrics as well as, for anybody that liked them, a huge amount of information. Have fun!
Bernie said:

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service