Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

Does anyone know about a product called "ToneRite?"  It can be found at: www.tonerite.com

It is suppose  to attach to the bridge of your guitar and in a week , it is suppose to increase your resonance, balance, and range.  Apparently, it increses your break-in speed for a guitar and increses it as if your guitar has been played for a couple of hundred hours in stead of like 10 hours.

I'm wondering if it works, and also would it hurt my guitar.

Mike

Tags: ToneRite

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't know if it works as I have never tried it but do know some luthiers who have and no damage was caused to their guitars ( Mcknight guitars and a few other builders have tried it ) and they seem to think that it helped to change the tone.ship

Thanks for your input.  I'm kinda up in the air between both your comment and the other one.  

Basically, I think I'll pass, as between the two of you, it doesn't seem to really have any OVERWHELMING help.

Thank you both for your input.

Mike

Thanks for your input.  I'm kinda up in the air between both your comment and the other one.  

Basically, I think I'll pass, as between the two of you, it doesn't seem to really have any OVERWHELMING help.

Thank you both for your input.

Mike

I'll confirm that it IS an aquarium pump.  There is a YouTube floating around that someone disassembled the thing.  It's definitely not worth it.

BTW:  There are NO proven or conclusive studies that the ToneRite or sitting your guitar in front of a stereo speaker for hours makes it sound any better.

Its perception and I'll always argue that the thousands of listeners out there (read this as: people who DO NOT play an instrument are are the majority listening) care anything about the difference between a 40 year old Martin and a brand new one.  Its the music being played and performance of the player.  Someone can play "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" on as many vintage solid or laminate top instruments they want.  No one will care how well its tuned, how good the intonation is or anything else if the performance is coming right out of a Mel Bay book.

John

John,

Thanks for your input.  I will DEFINATELY  avoid ToneRite NOW.

I'm new to the guitar and only pick up info from other people , on-line, or Acoustic Magazine.

So, Having a most definative attitude like yours is appreciated.  Especially, the part about who can tell the difference betweeen the Martin and laminated top.

Thanks.

Mike

I don't know about it just being an aquarium air pump but I have used the tonerite on many different types of guitars (to many to list) and myself and all  have been very impressed.  the guitar (any of them) comes to life almost everything is improved.  I have even used the tonerite on guitars by Gibson, Martin & Guild that were 10 to 35 years old and the owners were blown away by the improvement in the sound of their guitars.  all I can say is the things work for me...

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service