Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

I love the style and sound of the zac brown band. The guitar he plays on "chicken fried" sounds great. Does anybody know what guitar he's playing and how he has it set up. Thnx

Views: 5660

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sometimes it's a nylon string Taylor.
He plays a Godin ACS mostly.
It appears to be a Taylor NS-42CE like the one I just bought used at Guitar Center. (Which is now my favorite guitar in my collection!). PlayinG along with the recent Zac Brown and Jimmy Buffet Crossroads on CMT it alos appears to me that he's got the guitar tuned down one step.
According to AG Magazine article in the 4/2010 issue he plays a Nylon string Taylor NS72ce with Rosewood sides and Cedar top. He flat picks it. He also has a Collings Winfield Sunburst. The tab for "Chicken Fried" is in the mag. It is played utilizing key of G chords but is tuned down 1/2 step according to the article. EADGBE are all flat.
He talks about getting a unique sound flat picking a Nylon string.
I believe he may also use a Godin ACS nylon string also as others have used it as a flat picker, although the article says his electrics are a LP and a custom Strat.

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service