Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

So, I have been looking for a good deal on a Coastline Grand Parlor for a little time now.  Money has been tight so I've been trying to hold off on a good deal for one.  I was just about getting ready to go with the lower priced version, newer Entourage Grand Parlor when I found the Coastline Grands on sale at Musicians Buy for a price not too much above the Entourage.  So, with the help of their layaway plan I can now get the one that I've wanted.  Hopefully I will have it soon :)

Views: 226

Replies to This Discussion

My Pro Rosewood was made the same week as my birthday, 40 years later. pretty cool

Well, it finally came - woo hoo!!

This guitar must have been a NOS because aside from a very small dent on the top about the size of a pin head, there is not a mark on it.  It did come from a music store and the seller noted that it was a floor model, so I'm thinking it was just there for a long time barely getting played.

The action is a bit high at the nut so to test it out I tuned it down a full step to D (to make the strings more pliable and playable) and it actually sounds great tuned down.  So much so that when I take it in to get it set up I might tell them to set it up tuned down a full step.

I will say that the headstock likes to dive down quite a bit so it might be a strap only guitar, even when sitting.  All in all I am very pleased with this purchase - $200 plus $24 to ship.  Gotta love them Birds!!

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service