Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

I have a feedback buster,but doesn`t fit.

1.Should I try to modified my feedback buster(take off some rubber)?

2.Is the feedback buster for classical guitar too small?

3.Is there somewhere original feedback buster for Seagulls?

I know that soundhole of Seagull S6 is  smaller than  on the other acoustic guitars.

Views: 747

Replies to This Discussion

Feedback hasn't been a big problem for me on the Quantum II system when playing through a PA with a soundboard.  At home though my rehearsal amp, if I try to blend in too much volume with too much of the electret mic, I can get feedback, but I just back off either volume or the mic (or both) and it goes away.

What is causing your feedback?  Do you have the Quantum I system factory installed? Or do you have an aftermarket unit?  On my Quantum II, if I just completely cut off the electret mic and go only with the undersaddle pick-up (which is essentially all a QI actually is) I don't have any feedback at all. 

Interesting ... I've not made the measurement, so I don't know ... is the soundhole on an S-6 actually smaller than on other typical makes and models?  I have a Kyser soundhole humidifier for each of my Martin, Seagull, and Taylor and it seems to fit them all pretty equally.

I have Quantum 1 electronics.

I must go   almost all way down with  Bass on the  guitar EQ and PA channel to avoid feedback.I have PA system.

Maybe my Beyer dynamic vocal microphone (dynamic)  cause the problem when he`s loud( he is very in low frequencies)

Some of our resident audio engineers need to chime in on this issue ...

My Taylor has a 4" sound hole, while my Maritime has one that's 3 7/8".  The feedback buster is supposed to fit both but it's a tight fit in the Seagull...

I'm no engineer, but here's selection of soundhole covers from "Hole in the Wood":

http://holeinthewood.com/accessories/hole-covers

There are many design choices - perhaps one with more (or less) coverage than the one you have would help?

I have had a feedback buster for years but rarely use it even when I play with my band.  Most gigs I only use my acoustic amp as a monitor and I don't stand close to it or point my guitar in it's direction.  It is usually behind me, angled slightly up toward my ears.  If there is feedback, usually careful use of either the guitar's EQ or the Amp's EQ and / or Notch filter takes care of it.  All I can think of is, you are turning the amp up quite loud and standing or sitting facing it with the front of the guitar just a few feet from the speaker.  Even solid body electrics will feed back then.

As other's have said, there is more than one company making feedback busters now and I know I've seen them offered in different sound hole sizes too.  Best bet is to measure the width of your guitar's sound hole and then check the width of the feedback buster's rubber edge that snuggly fits in the sound hole and grips the rim of the sound hole.  Then you can compare other makes and models or shave some rubber off that inner ring of the feedback buster.  Some of the times the feedback buster can be a tight fit for some guitars but it also has some ability to contract and bend to sit in the sound hole.  After all, it is often made of rubber.

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service