Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

Please place these 10 various acoustic guitar qualities in descending priority order of importance to you:

-Brand name

-Playability

-Sound

-Looks

-Materials (tone woods, etc.)

-Durability

-Initial Cost

-Resale value

-Overall value for the money

-other (describe)

Views: 500

Replies to This Discussion

Sound 1st and foremost

Playability 1st and foremost  

yeah... 2 first and foremosts yeah.... Pick one and if it good I will bet the other follows. Good sounding guitars will be easy to play, easy to play than I would bet it sounds pretty good.

Materials/Construction/Durability - any of these cheap - everything above this will show it

looks - most guitars look like... ummmmm a guitar.

These last three only matter if your poor.  Bill Gates wouldn't care nor would Leo Kottke.

cost

Total Valus/Resale value

Brand  -  If I had put brand above any of these I would have never bought my Seagull and my Seagull sounds and plays as well as any guitar twice its value.

My 2.5 Cents(now endangered item) worth:

-Sound

-Playability

-Durability

-other (Location made, I will always pick local product way over anything foreign made.)

-Overall value for the money

-Looks

-Initial Cost

-Brand name

-Resale value (I never buy anything with a view to ever selling it)

For me I think that the order is  sound, playability, material, workmanship, looks, then price.  I prefer guitars that are solid wood rather than plywood because I know that they sound better the more they are played.  These days I also look at where they are made, with the economy like it is I prefer guitars made in North America. 

-Sound

-Initial Cost (it’s no good to me if I can’t afford it--That is not to say that it is not a good guitar, its just not good to me)

-Looks (life’s too short to play an ugly guitar)

-Durability  ( the more I learn about guitars the higher on the list this becomes)

-Brand name ( I really don’t know where to put this one so I’ll leave it in the middle)

--Overall value for the money - when you start spending over 600, to me this goes up higher on the list

-other - Box shape or "fit" when in the playing position - no fun if it hurts your shoulder to play it.

-Playability (to a point I can have that fixed by a luthier, but box size and shape is important- see other)

-Resale value (a guitar to me is a ‘sound’ investment not a monetary one)

This is tougher than I had thought.  When I started my quest for a replacement guitar, Seagull was an unknown to me.  But after a little research it became the main pursuit.  Then after playing one and buying it, I feel the need to put Brand higher on the list…but my heart tells me that brand doesn’t matter so much as the sound I hear.  Seagull rates well for me because they make an instrument with a great tone and I can afford them.  So how does that factor in?

It makes Seagull perfect for you... :-)

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service