Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

Joe says:  " I'd personally suggest an ebony fretboard + the upgraded electronics for the SWS mini jumbo."

How about you??

Views: 434

Replies to This Discussion

Those are really good points. I replaced the plastic bridge pins in my Portrait CW with TUSQ and it seemed to help somewhat, though I did other maintenance at the time that likely did more. Newer Seagulls have TUSQ pins standard, but mine are 2002/2003 vintage. Cheap upgrade.

Yes, I also added tusq pins on the 2005 Artist.  Not sure if they were tusq to begin with or not, but one of the originals was missing and I wanted a matched set.

If I was tweaking a Seagull, I'd turn it into a Simon & Patrick <grin>. Just kidding, folks! Actually, since I'm a Simon & Patrick man, that would be true. However, if I'm going to tweak my Simon & Patrick's, it would be a side sound port; bone saddle and nut; and ebony everywhere. I love the sound and feel of ebony. 

Something about a side sound hole just doesn't seem right to me ... personal perception I'm sure ... Guess I'm afraid I might drool into it or something! :-)  BTW, I changed the question above to reflect the entire Godin line.  Sorry for the lack of inclusion earlier ...

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service