Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

I may be going to look at an older S6, serial number is a 5 digit number starting with 12xxx. I have seen pictures and if I understand the way Seagull has used serial numbers this guitar is a 1980's vintage. But it looks to darn new in the pictures, almost like it has never been played. SO what do you all think?

Views: 132

Replies to This Discussion

Go, look, play, decide. A new S6 isn't that much more, is it?

Around 400 for a new one, heh 150 more.

Before Christmas I bought the 2002 Spruce/Mahogany M6 Gloss in perfect shape for $250 with hard shell case.  That was an exceptional deal.

Used S-6's are being offered for between $250 and $350 on Craigslist pretty much every day with $300 being the more typical asking price.  With that said, the ones priced at $300+ seem to sit for a while unsold. 

With the 2012 S-6 now selling  at $419 street, I think $250 is a good price for an older model provided everything checks out.

thanks for the reply, this does come with a nice hard case

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service