Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

http://www.seagullguitars.com/seagull_excursion_series.html

The all-laminate series that had disappeared from A&L lineup have now resurfaced within the Seagull brand.

Views: 4420

Replies to This Discussion

I sent Michel Belanger an email asking what the prices are.  hopefully he can find out.

My first parlor was an early A&L AMI I bought second hand. Never liked the tone of it, then learned it was a lam top (not one of the later "almond" models). I'd sure want to play one of the Grands before I bought it based on that experience. Did not have much love for the S&P parlor either, despite better woods and finish. I'd sure like to try the folk, though.

Anybody else played/heard the A&L version? 

I asked William Jahnkow (new Seagull group member who once owned an Almond) to comment, as he once owned an all-laminate A&L Almond - the link I gave him to here didn't work for some unknown computer reason - so, here is what he said:

"I can say I thought it actually sounded better than my seagull grand , that may be due to the 12th fret to body moving the bridge down the top I can't say . I only sold it because at the time I needed the money and chose the seagull grand because I like to play blues most of the time and like to be able to reach past the 14th fret.

I felt it was made just as well as the seagull grand and the ply top did not kill the sound at all."

I don't know....looks like an accessory for your Ikea kitchen! I think I'd prefer skulking around pawn and used instrument shops to find that unique "campfire" guitar.

Watch yo' mouf 'bout my kitchen, boy!!  

Still -- pawnshop comment well taken.  Deal changer would be maybe $150-ish street price, with bought-new / same-owner lifetime warranty.  Likely wouldn't cover all sins, but beats getting laughed at in the pawnshop, 10 months later. 

:O

We are discussing the new Seagull Excursion series, which is all-laminate wild cherry - like the A&L Almonds used to be...

"We   are   were   discussing the new Seagull Excursion series . . . "

What?  You gots a problem wit improvisation?    ;~} 

Nope - that was a response to William's opening sentence - " If you are refering to the A&L AMI..."... ;-)

Yeah, I know. 

Just thought you needed some messing with, y'know?

...you got time on your hands, go argue with me over on that "Epoxied Seagull Necks" thread (or agree ... whatever) :

http://www.acousticguitarcommunity.com/forum/topics/seagull-epoxied...

I guess I could use some "messing with" - I don't get enough at home or at work... ;-)

I did read your post there - and pretty much agree - bolt-on - glued in - bolted and glued - as long as it stays on long enough to make you happy... ;-)

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service