Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

Hi,

As promised, here are some photos of the back of my new S6.  Hopefully you can see that the left side is noticeably "redder" than the right side. The patterning and striations are nice and seem matched, but the color surely does not.  Is this normal? Or did something go wrong in the manufacturing process? I have sent an email and the photos to Godin to see what they say.  I know it's only a $400 guitar but I would just like to get some feedback about it.  

Views: 1107

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Really like the strap!  Looks soft and comfortable!

Yes the strap is super nice.  It is about 2.5 inches wide, and suede underneath.  Both add significantly to the comfort factor. Highly recommended! 

You inspired me!!  I just got back from the shop with my new 2.5 inch-wide glove leather  "Franklin Strap" from Greg Bennett Co.  .... oooohhh .... soft and comfy!!  Has a nice suede surface on the underside to keep the guitar from sliding around.  It's already made me a better stand-up guitarist!

Congratulations & good luck w/ the new guitar. How would you describe the tone of the S6 compared w/ the Martins?

Gee that's a hard one.  One thing that is similar to my D18V is the wonderfully defined, snappy bass and reverberation.  What the Seagull can't match IMHO is the richness of overtones I get with my Martins.  But then we are trying to compare a $400 guitar with ones costing more than 4x that.

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service