Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

Still a very new newbie, but I do at least change my own strings. Been trying different strings out and would love some feedback from other Seagull owners about what you are using.

I'm playing an S-6 Original (Cedar top, laminate cherry sides/back) with a set of  D'Addario EJ Custom Lights. Like the tone and feel, but what do I know?

I've not tried coated strings yet.... opinions?

Views: 3658

Replies to This Discussion

For my Seagull performer I use the Martin SP series and I'm happy with those. But I actually like the 80/20 Bronze ones more than the phosphor bronze. But that's when I play live. It feels like the tone is longer and a bit warmer somehow. On my 12 string I bought the Martin strings as well but the thin g string broke 2 times with new strings. I changed to Rotosound and I never had any problem with their strings.

Any suggestions what strings to buy for the warmest and most filling sound out there?

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service