Lot's of good historical content here ... with more to come!!
Some interesting information on the Seagull 25th Anniversary models here in this article from AMERICAN SONGWRITER MAGZINE
HOW OLD is your Seagull ? (or other Godin) If it has an 8-digit serial number, you can find out the exact date it was manufactured by clicking HERE Unfortunately it doesn't work with newer guitars that have 12-digit numbers :-(
Scan of 2001-2002 Seagull catalog courtesy of Phil Manuel
Circa 1991 Seagull Catalog scans courtesy of Ray V. ...
Scan of 2007 Seagull Brochure from Lennie Schoonover
Old Seagull Catalog... Seems to contain the first example of Simon & Patrick.
A brief written history of the origin of Godin and Seagull. Interesting stuff!
Older Simon & Patrick catalog ...
Godin Lifetime Warranty Verbiage
Godin Guitar Company Limited Lifetime Warranty
The Godin Guitar Company warrants this instrument to be free from defects in materials and workmanship, so longs as it is owned by its original purchaser, except that all electronic components, tuning machines, hardware, cases and case hardware are warranted for one (1) year from the date of original purchase.
If service is required, the guitar must be returned with proof of purchase to the original, authorized dealer. The dealer will evaluate the guitar to determine whether it can be serviced locally, or should be returned to Godin. All transportation, insurance and freight charges associated with warranty service and repairs on Godin instruments are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Warranty Limitations and Exclusions:
1. Fret, saddle and nut wear, strings and batteries, are not covered under the warranty.
2. Damages to finishes or cracks, splitting, or warping of wood caused by exposure to extreme changes in temperature or humidity; contact with direct sun, fire, chemicals, or acidic perspiration.
3. Damage or corrosion of instrument hardware or electronics caused by excessive humidity, salt air, or perspiration.
4. Damage due to customization or modification of instrument.
5. Normal wear-and-tear on any part of the instrument.
6. The Limited Lifetime Warranty does not cover, and no liability is assumed for damage due to natural disasters, accidents, misuse, loss of parts, neglect, lack of correct care, or failure to follow instructions.
7. Work performed by unauthorized persons will void the warranty.
The Limited Lifetime Warranty is non-transferable.
The Godin Guitar Company assumes no liability for any loss of income, satisfaction, or damages arising from the loss of use of this product, due to defects, or availability of the product during service.