Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

hello fellow newbs!

Tom here from Long Island, NY.  I'm 46. I've been playing for about 6 months.  I played when I was a teen so I have a little under my belt.  I've been working with the Alfred - Complete Acoustic Guitar Method, books 1,2 and 3 (great books btw) and Keith Wyatt's Fender dvd.  I've also started getting into fingerstyle (I like a lot of "projects).  My guitar is a Yamaha FG700s.

Looking forward to this group.

-Tom

Views: 8

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the group, Tom. Browse around for interesting discussions here and in the Forum section, or in other groups too. You should have a lot of fun.
Walt
Hi Tom,
Welcome to the Newbies group! I've been here about a year and have found great support, information, sharing, and new friends. I'm learning finger style, too.

Peg
Hi Tom,
Welcome--I've only been around for a few weeks and have already gotten lots of great ideas and sharing from other members.
I just returned from my first Blues lesson--a group of 6--what a blast!
Anyway, hope you find this to be a fun endeavor.
Sandy
Walt, Peg and Sandy,

thanks for the warm welcomes.

-Tom
Hey Tom,
Welcome to the group! I have been playing guitar for darn near 40 years, a good bit of that professionally, and I can tell you that the this group is for everyone...I have learned tons from the others here...kinda like working in computers for years and then having a new kid come in with all the latest knowledge of software! This group also inspires me to think in a new way! So, welcome, Edward
Tom,
Welcome to the community! This are a lot of great people here. You'll find answers to many if not all your questions.

You'll find a lot of info here in the Newb group. But be sure to browse and join other groups as well. There is a fingerstyle group you might want to join since you are interested this style of playing.

See you around the community!
John
Thanks Edward and John ...
Welcome Tom
This is a great group, ask any questions you may have and you'll be sure to get some excellent advice.

Don

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service