Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

Rarely do I ever share lyrics before completing a song but today these rushed into my head and I followed that muse. I also picked up a guitar after writing and sketched a rough arrangement. I just don't have time right this minute to record it!

I may record it later on tonight but not sure. Anyway here are the words to the song:

The ghost of our Love just left the room

It aint coming back here anytime soon

In fact I saw it disappear

And wipe away all those years

Just wipe away all those years

Our story has come to an end

Guess it’s time we tell our friends

No more chapters in our book

Leaf through the pages one last look

Do we have time for one last look

CHORUS

We had some good years you and I

The ghost of our Love said goodbye

Blown away by winds of change

But if I asked you would you stay?

But if I asked you would you?

The one I want was always you

I feel a cold wind coming through

Chills my heart to watch Love die

But we both know the reasons why

Yes we both know the reasons why

I know the kids are almost grown

The greatest Love I’ve ever known

They came from our Love long ago

Now they’ll find Love on their own

Now they’ll find Love on their own

CHORUS 

We had some good years you and I

The ghost of our Love said goodbye

Blown away by winds of change

But if I asked you would you stay?

But if I asked you would you?

UPDATE: And here is the finished song....funny because when I thought of it I had a country vibe in mind and it ended up nothing like that. That always happens to me. I'll write lyrics with an imaginary melody in my head then write the music completely different.

Views: 64

Replies to This Discussion

So sorry, Gil.

Thanks Tom but the song is not about what is happening in my personal life right now. I don't know where these songs come from....my best guess is I was a child of divorce and it was painful and heartbreaking and I watched my parents go through it.   The song isn't really about them but I think maybe deep inside I carry some of that pain still. That's my guess for what made this surface.

Overall a good first draft it seems to me.  Heartbreaking, but with a hope of reconciliation.  I like the opening, and the questions.  I'm sure you'll review it to polish the consistency and thought progression, but it's a good one.  

Thanks Walt, Yes I did finally finsih the song and made a few minor tweaks. I posted the video to the OP above.

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service