Acoustic Guitar Community

Welcome to the Acoustic Guitar Community.

Sue and I have a new song out called In Love Again With The World.
(I previously posted a video but since have done another version)
I took two different approaches to the song.
EDIT: This take is fingerpicked in standard tuning

In This version I fingerpick with a capo on 3rd fret resulting in a lower pitch vocal.

Sue and I would be interested to get your opinion on which approach sounds better for this song.
Thanks for listening!

Views: 23

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Gil,
I would vote for the capo on the third fret version. It seems to be a more comfortable range for your voice. Great song and guitar arrangement.

Wayne
Gil, even though I'm a fingerpicker mostly, I find the other version somewhat better. Although, that said, I like the melody and singing in the picked one better than the first song or strummed one. Just my opinion. Great song tho. Super lyrics and music. BUT, you play the one you like best, as that'll be the one you'll play at optimum quality. Mark
Hi Gil,

I like the one with the lower vocal. The song is calmer and more peaceful. Nice lyrics.

Thanks,
Debbie
Well I'm going to REALLY confuse matters, and say that I like the lower vocal but I like the standard pitched guitar much better. It's not that I don't like the capo 3 guitar, it's more that I love that awesome guitar sound on the first one.
Hi Gil.

I like the second one (not the [alternate take]).

RSS

Check Out the Latest in Acoustic Guitar

Free e-newsletter!

Sign up for Acoustic Guitar Weekly—the weekly e-mail newsletter that delivers coverage of players and gear, lessons and technique tips, and advice about performing and recording. Get it now!

Badge

Loading…

FOLLOW US!

Be alerted to the latest articles on AcousticGuitar.com, including lessons, CD, guitar, and gear reviews, how-to tips, and player profiles.

© 2014   Created by Acoustic Guitar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service